Monday, December 14, 2009

People Pleasing

I’d have to say as long as I can remember I’ve been a people pleaser. It started with my parents and grandparents. As I grew it became important to branch out and so I migrated my people pleasing skills to my friends. Then came husband number 1 and his family, Husband number 2 and his family and of course my children, their friends and the schools. I’ve bent over backward for people so many times you would think I was double jointed. I have spent so much of my life pleasing others that I couldn’t even tell you what pleases me. I’m trying real hard. I put celery in my dinner tonight and my first thought was would they like it. I actually had to stop myself and say it doesn’t matter you like it. Celery seems pretty trivial but it is a window to a much bigger problem. Standing my ground now and figuring out what I want may come as a shock to those around me : )

No comments: